7 Habits Everyone Should Take Up
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
Have you ever felt bogged down by life? Here are some ways to focus on the positives.
1. Remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life. Cheesy or not, the saying holds true! Make an effort to wake up on the right side of the bed every morning. Choose to look at the day with optimism and hope. Even the little experiences can make a huge and positive difference!
2. Keep moving forward. It holds so much meaning! People with great attitudes are forward thinkers. It’s nice to look back on your past and reminisce, but don’t stare! ‘What could’ve been’s’ tends to complicate our future achievements. Learn from the past and move on.
3. Get rid of as much stress as you can in every way possible. Generic? Possibly. But if you’re under any kind of stress at this moment, keep reading. Develop a healthy perspective of yourself and your life. Take care of your body by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising. Treat yourself every once in awhile. Take up a relaxing hobby. Prioritize a time to de-stress during your hectic lifestyle.
4. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Lighten up and don’t take everything so seriously. Be grateful and tone it down. Continue to be committed and driven towards your goals, but have fun along the journey. When you hit a speed bump, you might as well enjoy the ride!
5. Surround yourself with positive people. Choose to spend your time with the those who inspire and teach you. Attitudes are heavily influenced by the ones we associate with. Keep the ones who emotionally and mentally suck the life out of you at a safe distance.
6. Be genuinely happy for people who are doing well. Jealousy, envy, hate… they are all wastes of time. They achieve absolutely nothing but a gap in relation, communication, and happiness within yourself. Help those who are not as successful as you are and be a positive example.
7. Challenge yourself. Confidence is sprung from discovery. Don’t be afraid to try new things. You may find out you can achieve things you never thought possible. Nothing worthwhile is easy!
As my friend Skip Ross says, “Attitude is everything!”